This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Athens, GA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2019
Caterpillar’s Manufacturing Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve processes and systems used in product manufacturing. The incumbent analyzes and recommends current and future systems, procedures, training and equipment needs based on requirements. Manufacturing Engineers provide analysis and recommendations for engineering product designs.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Perform technical analysis of manufacturing processes to support management decisions;
* Design / direct the acquisition, design, fabrication and repair of all necessary tooling and machines;
* Troubleshoot day-to-day process issues, develops solutions, and monitors improvements;
* Monitor all exchange and in-house requirements;
* Create and maintain routings and work instructions for Production as well as New Product Introduction;
* Create and maintain process layouts in Auto-Cad
* Procure material related to manufacturing improvements through external suppliers;
* Perform quality checks on machines;
* Analyze and deploys engineering change notices;
* Establish and maintain bill of materials and work orders;
* Respond to customer issues and lead process improvements; and
* Provide day-to-day coaching duties in absence of team leader.
* Bachelor’s degree required (Engineering or Engineering Technology field preferred)
* Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing engineering shop floor experience - Work would include process improvements, cycle time, rebalancing of work, tooling corrections, etc.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Prior experience working in AutoCAD or similar 3D modeling software
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work with multiple departments simultaneously
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings;
* Experience creating and maintaining routings in ERP systems;
* Experience in conducting time studies;
* Experience identifying and developing solutions to Safety, Quality, Velocity, and Cost issues in a shop floor environment;
* Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills;
* Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers; and
* The ability to effectively establish relationships, understand, and communicate with individuals at multiple levels of the organization including shop floor and office.