Machine Operator - 1st Shift - San Antonio, TX
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: San Antonio, TX, United States
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2019
Build more than machines. Build a career with Caterpillar.
As a Machine Operator, you will perform the duties associated with the machining of engines blocks and cylinder heads for Caterpillar Diesel Engines. Machine Operators report to Section Managers and will be assigned within the operations department.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Operate machining equipment to produce parts free of quality defects
* Maintain records related to inventory, quality, defective parts, and defective equipment
* Maintain a safe and clean workstation
* Maintain or exceed production standards as set by the company
* Submit and assist with the resolution of C.P.S. Continuous Improvement cards
* Follow standard operating procedures and area specific work instructions
* Provide information to supervisors and managers about processes within assigned area
* All other duties as assigned
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
* Beginner level experience with electronic standard work or SOP's
* Beginner level experience with Microsoft Office
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
• Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
• Ability to perform repetitive operations
• Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Additional Information: Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants. This is an hourly position with an entry wage of $14.00/hr in San Antonio, TX.
Full time position with full benefits (Healthcare, dental, vision, 401k with 6% company match, and life insurance benefits)
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities globally which can be found through our employment website www.caterpillar.com/careers