As a Revenue Analyst at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to provide revenue support work for Caterpillar products (machines, engines, replacement parts or related products) and complete related special projects as assigned.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Establish and review revenue proposals for Caterpillar products. The process includes analysis of sales history, volume forecast, competition, product quality, product availability, value premiums, costs and related factors.
* Work with Marketing, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Legal, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Product Support Development, Global Revenue Management and Revenue Management (Pricing personnel) elsewhere in the company to obtain and evaluate information needed for making revenue recommendations.
* Assist in achieving specific Division objectives by aiding efforts to improve profitability through recommending revenue growth opportunities for price, volume or Percentage of Industry Sales (PINS). Analysis includes, where possible, suggested objective costs to be shared with Purchasing, Manufacturing and impacted parties.
* Preparation of monthly reports to Government agencies
* Monitor, document and analyze pricing actions of competitors
* Maintain the company’s master price history records
* Gather and analyze shipment volume and PINS/Percent of Potential Sales (POPS)
* Calculate and maintain yield and revenue data in order to determine the effectiveness and profitability of pricing strategies and tactics.
* Regularly and accurately maintaining and updating revenue systems (pricing, invoicing and merchandizing) and answering all revenue/pricing related queries for their assigned products.
* Maintain internal controls including Sarbanes-Oxley control documentation and responsible for the testing and validating of these controls.
* 4 year college degree or equivalent experience concentrated in business
administration, finance, economics, statistics, accounting, marketing, or
* 1-3 years of job-related experience
* Prior experience as a
Revenue/Pricing Analyst or equivalent level job in a management role in 6
Sigma, Marketing, Accounting, Finance or related field
* Knowledge of various Caterpillar products, product applications or
* Advanced computer skills
* Ability to utilize a variety of
computer software packages
* Must have analytical ability and initiative
* Results oriented
* Effective writer and oral communicator
Caterpillar is not currently
hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require
sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company,
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be
found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.