This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Decatur, IL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2019
Caterpillar’s Surface Mining and Technology Division is currently seeking Supply Chain Manager 4 for its Decatur, IL facility. In this role, you will be accountable for business division performance levels to corporate targets for inventory reduction, increased inventory turns and improved order-to-delivery results. Leads business division efforts to develop and implement the Plan for Every Part, Pull material Replenishment and improved throughput efficiency. Leads business division efforts to implement and monitor compliance for supply chain processes aligned with the CPS Supply Chain Process Manual and the CPS Supply Chain Rules.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Demand & Orders, Logistics Warehousing and Distribution, Supply Chain Planning, and Material Requirements Planning.
* Plays a key role in business division strategy development and target setting
* Leads and manages a division responsible for business division deployment of the Supply Chain Planning Process, which develops the Plan for Every Part and Pull Replenishment methods for a business division, coordinating and managing the structure and work plans for multiple, cross functional work teams
* Leads efforts which require the ability to work effectively with business division leaders and governing committees comprised of diverse, multi-functional leaders.
* Deploy strategic supply chain initiatives and is required to take a business division view of supply chain planning process and tools.
* Governs and supports standard process conformance to determine Pull qualification and Pull readiness
* Sponsors multi-functional business division teams deploying the standard process for determining Packaging and Containerization solutions as part of supply chain planning
* Sponsors multi-functional business division teams deploying the standard processes for new product introduction, Engineering and Product Change Control. This position governs and supports supply chain teams working with Corporate NPI, Supply Chain and other multifunctional leaders and teams to drive NPI and Engineering / Product Change Control process conformance
* Sponsors supply chain team efforts to achieve MQ or other similar Certifications, governs and supports supply chain improvements required for certification.
* Works with other supply chain functional areas to continuously improve material flow plans, focusing on improving inventory record accuracy, waste reduction and increased throughput efficiency, increased velocity and increased inventory turns
* May be required to work with Global Transportation and Cat Logistics Services to implement transportation and logistics solutions required to optimize the business division supply chain
* Provides leadership, coaching, focus, motivation and encouragement to direct reports
* Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of direct reports, including development, capability building and succession planning
* Minimal Travel Required (5% working time)
* Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Engineering
* 10+ years of progressively responsible Supply Chain / Manufacturing Engineering job experience
* Prior experience in Leadership preferably in Operations, supply chain, or logistics or engineering
* Experience in the development and deployment of Supply Chain processes, Production planning and execution and support strategic 3-5 year planning
Top Candidates will also have:
* Excellent Leadership and Project Management Skills
* Experience with Six Sigma / CPS / LEAN
* Engineering Change Management, Plan for Every Part, Inventory Management, Inventory Record Accuracy, Project Management experience, S&OP, Production Scheduling, Engineered Value Chain (EVC) planning.
* APICS, CPIM, or CSPC National Certification
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers