This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tullamarine, VIC, Australia
Date Posted: Dec 20, 2019
Short department description:
The Rental and Used (R&U) Department supports the developments of the Caterpillar R&U strategy through long-term revenue growth plans resulting in profitability within the Dealer R&U network to encourage continued Dealer investment in the operations. Additionally the improvements in Operational excellence, expanding customer database and market share.
The purpose of the R&U Development representative position is to support the dealer’s rental and used machine operations by creating, delivering and measuring effectiveness of customer solutions, best in class practices and support for all projects and programs in line with the department’s objective of rental & used revenue and market share growth, dealer profitability and 2023 goals. This position will be responsible for providing detailed consultancy and supporting the field based team throughout Asia Pacific.
· Support dealers in increasing Rental coverage in the territory and in growing Rental revenue along with customer database.
· Analyze dealer R&U operations and provide recommendations and detailed action plans. Assist the dealer on implementing recommended changes.
· Develop, organize and deliver R&U training programs for dealer personnel. Understand and teach dealers the key financial drivers in the rental business.
· Perform regular governance / reviews with R&U reps and Dealers.
· Perform specific R&U related projects. Complete special assignments or projects in the agreed time frame.
· Communicate appropriately customer, industry, and competitive information assessed through Caterpillar Inc, and Caterpillar Dealers.
· Maintain a high level of communication with appropriate Caterpillar & Dealer Management teams.
· Provide timely reporting in accordance with department and/or company policy.
Rental & Used industry experience (Preferred 3-5 years)
Good understanding of Rental financial model
High sense of urgency to accomplish projects & strong time management skills
Ability to work independently
Effective communication and relationship building skills
Willing to travel as required, up to 40%