This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 23, 2019
Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides solutions to its customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. Services provided to customers after purchase leverage their connected equipment and our outstanding field technology, and decades of product, service and application expertise to enhance performance. Caterpillar's Global Aftermarket Solutions Division (GASD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. Working alongside our dealers, we serve customer needs throughout the product lifecycle.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers by reducing total owning and operating costs. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed, now is a great time to join GASD.
This position is responsible to provide business/commercial product support experience, I/T agile process methodology, data analytics and modeling capabilities, and consultant support to further improve the design, development, and support of the OLGA Program to support the growth of aftermarket services. Position is responsible to provide Caterpillar and Dealer product support and business/commercial knowledge, I/T agile process methodology, data analysis and modeling capabilities, and consultative support to further improve the OLGA application and Program. The position will provide technical support of the algorithms and inputs, coordinate and complete release testing and documentation, consult with internal process partners and data consumers on the proper use of the output. This person will participate on cross-functional project teams, provide overall support to the technical and business functional direction of the project, and work with the OLGA business functional/technical specialists leading the OLGA application to build optimal technical approaches in order to solve a problem presented by a Caterpillar Business Unit or Service Organization, a Caterpillar Dealer, or a Caterpillar Customer or to satisfy system enhancement requests.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Work with the application development team to provide key enhancement and bug fixes that impact the global end user community, will also support development team in testing new features, enhancements, and bug fixes
• Will provide lead testing role to ensure all new functionality is fully system integration and User Acceptance Tested prior to release into production
• Provide critical key user support to ensure system functionality is working as expected; can troubleshoot the application as required to solve problems; can provide training as required and applicable
• Provides data analytics to internal users of the system supported to solve key business questions
• Demonstrate an understanding of statistical methods and/or digital methods to solve business problems
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc.) to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Demonstrate strong initiative to research and apply new methods to exceed customer expectations.
Significant challenges of this position are working with people; enhancing the team’s creativity; maintaining knowledge of approaches used in similar projects; and pushing the technical bounds of experimentation while meeting customer commitments. The incumbent will develop good networks within the technical community to enable them to collaborate on technical solutions, obtain resources and cooperation needed, and remove roadblocks so that they can insure the success of their team.
The Senior Data Scientist will demonstrate thorough statistical and/or digital technology knowledge and the ability to solve medium-high complexity problems. He or she demonstrates very good communication skills, being able to explain conclusions to customers with limited knowledge and experience with quantitative analytical methods. The incumbent should also have a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and a general understanding of Caterpillar’s external customers, competitors, and market influencers.
• Bachelor's degree required
• 3-5 years of IT, Marketing Data Analytics, or Statistics experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Strong understanding and direct experience within the Caterpillar Dealer Network
Degree in Information Technology, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Marketing Analytics, or a similar field with quantitative coursework preferred
• Strong customer focus and ability to influence process partners
• Ability to quickly understand technology changes and drive advancement within the organization
• Ability to understand both technology and business domains to interpret data to solve business decisions
• Knowledge of Caterpillar dealer Aftermarket Business operations including the technical infrastructure and general business processes
• Expert skills in Data Analytics and IT tools including SQL Server, Hadoop, Cognos, Alteryx, and/or SAS experience desired (need a strong base of general query skills)
• Project management experience
• Must demonstrate strong leadership, initiative, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.