Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2020
JOB PURPOSE: This is a Digital service level management position responsible to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of one or more internal or contracted information technology services for which the incumbent has aspects of clear ownership and daily accountability. The incumbent provides guidance and results review through standards of measurements to ensure customer quality needs are met and programs are effectively implemented and maintained.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
· Accountable aspects of one or more contractual conformance processes (<$5
· Scope of work is global, regional or across digital functions or isolated
· Develop process, and manage multiple projects to onboard dealer and internal users into the Application as well as integrate dealer systems directly with APIs. Lead through planning, design/ development activities, and execution.
· Master the functionality of the main Application, external and internal REST API’s, Data pipelines, and the support process and tools (APIGEE, ServiceNow, Enterprise Call Lists, Dashboards)
· Quickly isolate the root cause of an issue when it arises during the onboarding, and provide a practical solution
· Ability to explain technical issues to a variety of audiences, including dealer IT/users and experienced software developers/architects
· Collaborate with experts in other fields, and external facing organizations such as Dealers
· Expand your knowledge of the products and API’s while addressing dealer/internal Cat inquiries and triaging issues
· Capable in handling inquiries and problems of all API and other integrations, delivering outstanding service for dealers and internal users
· Improve onboarding and deployment processes and increase efficiency
· Proactively identifying and managing issue resolution between vendor service provider and Cat Digital or other BU teams
· Liaison between Caterpillar functional leads or other internal teams and vendor for tools used by vendor
· Assist with global and regional issues and escalations
· Monitors service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and depending upon scope of work
· Through the digital business relationship facing organization, may engage with business partners and facilities to address issues and possible new business demand
· Periodically review standard operating procedures or contractual reporting requirements and provide updates and improvements
· Drive improvements to documentation and procedures as needed
Assist with internal Cat Digital SM reporting
Provide support for knowledge management related activities as needed
· Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position or more than 5 years’ experience.
· Experience in large enterprise services delivery organization
TOP CANDIDATES WILL ALSO HAVE:
· Experience in Java development and concepts, including debugging against Java APIs, providing technical solutions, examining thread dumps and threading issues, and hosting services using JEE and/or JSE framework
· Deep knowledge of Internet technologies and protocols such as HTTP and FTP
· Experience with SOAP, REST, Webservices, Tomcat, XML, and SOA/Integration technologies
· Integration product support is preferred.
· Two (2+) experience deploying applications hosted on AWS
· Experience with analysis, planning, estimating and scheduling of high-risk, high-impact IT projects.