Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lafayette, IN, United States
Date Posted: Nov 21, 2019
Build a career—or three or four different ones.
Wherever your passion lies—chemical, electrical, material, mechanical, metallurgical and more—you’ll find a home here. Engineers work in virtually every area of our company. As a product development engineer, you might research emerging technologies, design new machines and engines, create software solutions, or test and validate product designs.
The Large Power System Division currently has a Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead position located in Lafayette, IN. In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide technical expertise and guidance in
development of major manufacturing projects, working with internal/external
suppliers to support/improve manufacturing productivity and cost effectiveness.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- This Manufacturing Project Engineer role provides leads Tool Design and NC Programming projects with a team of manufacturing engineers and programmers. This role drives Tool Design and NC Programming strategy and software implementation, as we execute the LECU Manufacturing Strategy. The position collaborates with product teams to achieve product and process improvement in support of PQVC goals. The Manufacturing Project Engineer will embed Tool Design and Programming standards and expertise across the LEC Machine Shop. This role leads migration of tooling and fixture designs from Creo to Siemens NX. Implementation of Global Teamcenter for all machining process documentation will be led by this position. The role leads implementation of virtual tool path and program validation utilizing Vericut.
- This position requires a high degree of
experience and expertise in component machining and manufacturing
technology. Incumbent needs to have a
good understanding of product design to combine with process design expertise
to provide for improved manufacturability of parts and major components.
- This position is actively involved with suppliers to analyze their current or proposed product/process designs to determine feasibility of using existing designs or modifying the designs to improve process and/or product. Ensures Engineering, Purchasing and shop personnel both at Caterpillar and suppliers are involved in the approval process so that sound decisions are made which improve manufacturing processes, quality and/or reduce costs.
- Provides leadership in the implementation of integrated technologies within the factory. Develops individual presentations on all integration projects and prepares and establishes priorities for cost effectiveness. Performs liaison duties with various functional areas to promote smooth transition of new and revised corporate and plant systems and operations.
- Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, etc., in performing assigned duties.
- Works with suppliers (both internal and
external) in the development of projects, which ensure the most efficient and
cost effective systems or operations to produce quality products.
- This position is responsible for the
implementation of major systems and the coordination of those systems with the
- Two Year Degree in Manufacturing or Engineering Technology, or similar field
- 6+ years' in industry experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have
- This position will be located in Lafayette, IN
- Relocation assistance is available for this position
- This positing will close Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 11:59 CST PM
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.