Data Scientist III is responsible for developing network, transportation or inventory model for process partners by leveraging supply chain simulation and optimization software. The associate is also responsible for mentoring junior associates on project deliverables and review of deliverables from respective domains. This position is located in Bangalore and reports to the Info & Analysis Manager responsible for this area.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Data Scientist III is responsible for leading projects in the domain of the network modeling, transportation modeling and/or inventory modeling. The associate should have ability to lead junior associates on projects related to multi echelon network design, transportation solution design, safety stock optimization and multi time period inventory deployment. A person in this role is expected to lead 1 complex project, 2 or more simple projects or support for up to 3 projects at one time.
The job duties of a Data Scientist III are to lead projects in the domain of the network modeling, transportation modeling and/or inventory modeling. To be successful, a Data Scientist III must utilize technical skills as well as soft skills.
The domain and technical skills are defined in 4 key skills: Domain (inventory/transportation/network) knowledge, tool (inventory/transportation/network) knowledge, data purification & analysis and build executive deck for customer review. In addition, it is expected that a Data Scientist III is knowledgeable about the business domain and can integrate this into the overall solution. A Data Scientist III is expected to be very proficient in all areas, address issues from a technical stand point, good understanding of the domain (network / transportation / inventory modeling) and ability to coach/mentor junior associates to meet stakeholder expectations.
In addition to technical skills, a Data Scientist III needs to demonstrate intermediate to fully skilled levels of the following values based competencies (VBCs): integrity & trust; building inclusive relationships; customer focus; problem solving; priority setting; and dealing with uncertainty.
Although the requirements above describe most of the responsibilities of the Data Scientist III, due to the breadth of issues that arise on projects, it is sometimes expected that a Data Scientist III take on other responsibilities outside of this job description.
• Bachelor degree in engineering, supply chain management, logistics or a related field.
• Require 4 - 6 years of relevant experience in supply chain, network optimization & simulation.
• Expert level knowledge of any one of the supply chain optimization tools (Barloworld CAST, JDA Transportation Modeler, ILOG CPLEX, Supply Chain Guru, IBM LogicNet)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Good analytical thinker, experience in data analysis and project management, ability to work well in team settings, attention to detail and guide/mentor junior associates
• Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time throughout the year, with some months in excess of that.
• APICS (CPIM/CSCP) certification.
• Working knowledge of SAS, R, C++.
• Master degree in Operations Research, College degree in supply chain, logistics, or industrial engineering (operation research).