Invent your future here…
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
With 2018 sales and revenues of $54.7 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation is the financial arm of Caterpillar Inc and we are looking for talent and motivated Collections professionals. We are headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with offices and subsidiaries located throughout North and South America, Asia, Australia and Europe. Cat Financial help our customers and dealers succeed through financial service excellence
JOB SUMMARY: Support various accounts receivable management efforts for Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collects delinquent active contracts through telephone contact and field visits.
• Authorizes and conducts equipment repossessions, which includes authorizing legal correspondence and arranging for transportation and safe storage of the units.
• Reports past due results and recommends additions, deletions and modifications to the Potential Credit Loss Report.
• Develops and nurtures a strong working relationship with dealers, Territory Managers and customers for an assigned portfolio.
• Coordinates timely resolution of customer service issues on past due accounts.
• Reports individual collection activities to the Customer Service Manager on a weekly and monthly basis or as requested.
• May provide timely reporting of repossessed assets or accounts being referred for legal action to other business units as required, including Special Accounts, Remarketing and Legal.
• May provide status and historical reporting to Account Services staff and management on collection activities and accounts placed for repossession within the department.
• Understands the established continuous improvement objectives for the department. Measures progress toward the continuous improvement standards and ensure that the necessary measurements are maintained. Participates in the resolution of any identified problems. Analyzes data and makes all business decisions based on such analysis.
• Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
• A graduate with 4-7 years of work experience in collection in commercial vehicle/machinery domain.
• Experience in applying collection techniques and procedures.
• Ability to participate in process improvement via continuous improvement methodology.
• Written, verbal & presentation skills are must.
• Ability to analyze, recommend and approve contracts for default and late charge waiver.
• Data collection, math computation & analysis skills are must to have
Knowledge of the following is important
o analyze customer credit summaries and past due accounts.
o marketing and customer service concepts and techniques.
o financial services laws and regulations.
o financing and taxation principles.
o financing and leasing documentation principles.
o billing and invoicing concepts.
o filing requirements and the applicability to bankruptcy laws and regulations.