Job Title: Business Account Manager
Salary: £46,000-£52,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 18% Sales Incentive Plan Bonus
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
High Street Discount Website Access
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not Supported with this role
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
Working with the Perkins brand and reporting to the General Sales Manager responsible for Global Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) in the Agricultural & Industrial Sectors, this is a unique opportunity for someone to join the dynamic and rapidly changing direct sales environment, based in Peterborough UK.
In this role, you will be a decision maker; strategic thinker and expert communicator, drawing on your commercial experience to lead and support the development of unique value propositions for our customers.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Further develop existing Account Plans and Growth Strategies to maximize share of wallet / commercial opportunities across a portfolio of OEM's.
• Develop strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers across the Customer’s various functions.
• Engage key stakeholders within the Customers such that they engage in long-term plans with Perkins and become seen as a trusted advisor in their decision-making process.
• Conceive and present Perkins products and propose how the OEM can integrate our products into their machines to deliver value to support the sale of their machines.
• Direct internal resources and follow through to achieve the resolution of issues in all aspects of the supplier / customer relationship.
• Develop & negotiate LTA's where applicable at mutually beneficial terms.
• Become the Voice of the Customer within our Business, and the Voice of our Business within the Customer.
Sales Development / Growth:
• Lead all sales projects, from identification of opportunities to development of the value proposition and ownership of the project into production.
• Develop and present commercial proposals recognising the needs of the customer and business.
• Participate as required in Sales promotional activities.
• Generate credible volume and commercial forecasts representing the OEMs short and long-term plans.
• Propose solutions to the customer and work cross functionally to tailor their specific requirements.
• Identify and lead the development and / or improvement of sales processes and sales tools (order administration, project management, invoicing, applications engineering, product support, etc) to increase customer satisfaction and Perkins operational efficiency.
• Feedback to central services: customer & competitor information.
• Work all aspects of the customer supply relationship, from opportunity identification through to production.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Prior Sales or sales related process experience, that can capably demonstrate Key Account Management.
• Good commercial acumen.
• Expert communicator, able to articulate under challenging circumstances to a wide variety of internal and external customers.
• Daily demonstration of a "Can do" Attitude - ability to identify the true cause of a problem, develop & test several solutions which can be executed by the individual or as part of a team.
• Effective listener, able to listen to the voice of the customer, gain the voice of the business and present back to the customer suitable solutions
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Engine/OEM related sales experience
• German speaker
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.