WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
Allow us to train you so that you can build a career with Caterpillar.
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
As a Production Technician, you will perform the duties associated with the production of Caterpillar Power Generators including but not limited to: Assembly, Logistics, and Quality Assurance. Production Technicians report to Section Managers and will be assigned to departments within the business to meet customer and company demands.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Aligning and securing components as directed by work instruction
* Aligning and installing gaskets, seals, bearings, hoses, covers, and visual components
* Ensure that parts and materials used in the assembly process are free from quality defects
* Assist other departments with problem solving or improvement ideas related to assembly
* Verifying correct alignment of components using schematics and part prints
* Inspect parts and materials to ensure they are free from quality defects
* Perform audits and carry out quality inspections to correct known defects
* Perform torque audits, leak tests, and visual inspection
* Shipping and receiving parts and verifying invoices to ensure inventory accuracy
* Ensure that materials received and delivered are free from quality defects
* Re-pack and arrange parts for warehouse storage or delivery to the assembly area
* Operate forklifts and tuggers to move materials within the facility
* Accurate and efficient delivery and removal of materials
* Submit and assist with the resolution of C.P.S. Continuous Improvement cards
* Follow standard operating procedures and area specific work instructions
* Provide information to supervisors and managers about processes within assigned area
* All other duties as assigned
* Ability to work well with others
* Mechanically inclined
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
* Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
* Ability to perform repetitive operations
* Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Additional Information: Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants. This is an hourly position with an entry wage of $13.50/hr in Seguin, TX.
Full time position with full benefits (Healthcare, dental, vision, 401k with 6% company match, and life insurance benefits)
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities globally which can be found through our employment website www.caterpillar.com/careers
Please ensure your check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.