WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.
As a Supplier Development Engineer III, you will have the opportunity to support supply chain transformation to achieve improved velocity with optimized inventory. You will be part of a centralized resource.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Conducting a program of systematic supplier visits
* Identifying the root causes of past due deliveries
* Providing an objective report and monitor/follow-up on all supplier's comments
* Ensuring all critical suppliers have the correct demand vision/forecast
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 5 - 7 years of Manufacturing / Operations / Engineering experience
* Steel Mill working experience is an added advantage
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Four Year Engineering Degree in Metallurgy / Materials Engineering
* Experience in Purchasing / Procurement
* Strong data analytics skill
* Strong relationship management skills
* 6 Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt is a plus
* Quality certifications
* Skilled in problem solving techniques
* An understanding of steel making as well as good knowledge of Caterpillar and industry steel specifications
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs will be incurred by the candidate.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this
position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa
status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities
outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.