1st Shift Logistics Support-2 - Athens, GA
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Athens, GA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2019
working at Caterpillar Inc., you will work in an environment that supports
excellence. You will support your team in efforts of continuous
improvement. Under limited direction, performs a variety of logistic
support activities in the areas of logistics planning, materials planning, and
packaging analysis and other duties as assigned. Typically reports to a
duties may include:
for supplier outbound rack and container shipments, track information on
suppliers including replenishment schedules, and monitor packaging
quantities and usage.
inventory reports and determine the quantity and order date for racks and
containers needed to meet the master production schedule.
purchase or production requisitions as appropriate.
and review procedures for distribution and inventory management to
maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
racks and containers are shipped and delivered to meet scheduled build
requirements while maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
of multiple Caterpillar information systems to track and plan for
material, inventory, and shipping.
and/or assembles required shipping documents, including BOL’s.
and resolve receiving discrepancies and notify appropriate personnel of
results or required actions.
product workflow and develops logistics plans that affect production,
distribution, and inventory. Creates and reviews procedures for
distribution and inventory management.
communicate with suppliers daily to expedite, stop, or change the delivery
rotate to various positions within the Job Function area to perform
cause corrective action
and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting,
Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
controls, layouts and processes for rack storage.
Are you ready to build what matters? Build More Than Machines. Build a Career.
- 2-year degree (current enrollment in an accredited 4-year college degree program at a Junior level status is considered equivalent to a 2-year degree) or 2 years of related experience in Materials Operations, Packaging or Planning.
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in Microsoft Excel.
- At least 2 years of Supplier Management experience is required.
- At least 2 years of Supply Chain experience is required.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to perform repetitive operations
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
Top Candidates will also have:
- At least 2 years of logistics experience
- Intermediate proficiency (Basic skills/knowledge. Capable of functioning independently) in Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint
- Intermediate proficiency in SAP
- Production planning experience
- SmarTrack system experience
- Project management experience
- Inventory control experience
Additional information: Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants. This is an hourly position with an entry wage of $22.77/hour in Athens, GA. No relocation benefits are available. Hours are M-F, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.