As a Product Change Control Engineer at Caterpillar, you will perform staff functions, provide change management process leadership, employee technical assistance, employee education and training and detail direction to Releasing Analysts and Technicians responsible for planning and implementing product changes in the manufacturing process.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Manages manufacturing change information and assignment of manufacturing effective dates, checking the timely receipt and completeness of records prepared by product design, and distribution and maintenance of engineering data.
* Address issues dealing with engineering design and change implementation requirements within the Concurrent Product & Process Development (CPPD) Process. Those issues are addressed by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines & Engineering Standards, from many existing solutions.
* Creates, maintains, and communicates accurate change management data at both the local and corporate level through data entry in management information systems including the Engineering Data System (EDS), Manufacturing Control System (MCS), the Engineering and Manufacturing Change Control System (EMCC), and SAP.
* Analyzes engineering releases, changes, drawing notices to create change management requirements, and also provides the creation of product structure based on engineering design within EDS and develops engineering drawing distribution criteria as reflected in entry into the Engineering Distribution Data System (EDDS).
* Provides management with the tools to monitor the overall progress and effectiveness of product programs and provides technical assistance and education and training to team members as required insuring team effectiveness.
* Participates in developing product timing strategies with NPI (New Product Introduction) teams for both product and process activities.
* Reviews and insures the proper release of engineering information within NPI Programs.
* Serves as an integral member of NPI teams to influence the timeliness of model effectivity and the impact on other programs.
* Facilitates meetings to assure that changes or model introductions are properly monitored.
* Participates with Commodity, Purchasing, and Product groups to determine the logical source of supply for product components and provides leadership with product groups and operations to expedite changes that impact product safety, liability, and customer satisfaction.
* Associates degree from an accredited college or university
* 3+ years of work experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or Engineering related field
Top candidates will also have:
* Advanced degree
* Understanding of Engineering Records, Manufacturing Releasing, Materials Scheduling, and Engineering Manufacturing Change Control procedures normally gained through a minimum of 1 year experience as a Product Change Control Technician or through equivalent external experience
* Must have the ability to organize and direct the activities of other product change control technicians or engineers
* Good oral and written communication skillsCaterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for
this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa
status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities
outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers