This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Franklin, IN, United States
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2019
Caterpillar takes a systems
view of the life of our products. We design and manufacture them for multiple
lives, our dealers support and service them to maximize their value to the
customer, and we remanufacture them at the end of their serviceable life to
deliver the next generation of value. Our industry leading engineering and
manufacturing expertise, large field population and world class dealer
organization make this possible. This total life cycle approach allows us to
provide sustainable solutions that help our customers build a better world.
Caterpillar Oil, Gas & Marine Division currently has openings for Assemblers supporting the Reman Powertrain facility located in Franklin, IN. This job will perform tasks associated with disassembling, cleaning, or assembling engines or engine parts. The employee works in a team environment and is accountable for his/her own work and safety.
* Following established facility safety policies, safe job procedures and hazardous risk assessments and using the proper Personal Protective equipment for the specific job being performed
* Operating machinery such as hand tools, air tools, arbor press, torque wrenches, bearing press or test stand to wash, strip and/or chemically clean parts, machine parts, or to assemble parts.
* Using blueprints, gauges, torque measuring devices and/or other equipment to ensure conformance to quality specifications
* Using software programs and systems such as MFGPRO to process work orders, documentation, and various reporting functions
* Using pallet jacks or mobile equipment to move parts from one area of the shop to another
* Recognizing, quarantining, and disposing of nonconforming materials
* Performing 5S audits
* Operating hand tools, power tools, and other equipment to disassemble or assemble products
* Any duties or tasks that may be assigned to promote cross training or support for various areas of the shop
* Performing or participating in Safety Stop observations as required
* Participating in the Continuous Improvement/Process Improvement Dialogue process
* All other assigned duties
Certain functions within this job category may require the following:
* Physical exertion and effort to safely lift, push or pull components or parts.
* Standing or sitting at workstations for extended periods of time.
* The safe execution of repetitive motions.
* Ability to repetitively lift parts weighing up to 35lbs.
* Visual and hearing abilities as appropriate for safe execution of job duties, functions and tasks.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.caterpillar.com/careers.