Job Title: New Product Introduction and Customer Project Supervisor
Salary: £51,000-55,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 18% Bonus
Car Allowance - £580
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage Highstreet Discount Website
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not Considered
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
An exciting new opportunity exists within Industrial Power Systems Sales & Marketing Group for an NPI & Customer Project Supervisor, leading a regional team as part of the Product Marketing group. The Product Marketing group are the primary interface between the Customers and Sales Teams to provide the Voice of the Customer, and direction to the product groups to execute the New Product Introductions Programmes (NPI) to the market.
As the NPI & Customer Project Supervisor you will coordinate and lead a team of up to 3 to 4 NPI Co-ordinators and Customer Project planners and provide coaching, guidance, leadership to facilitate the development a workgroup to manage the customer projects with-in the business.
The NPI & Customer Project Planning team are responsible for the customer NPI project plans to ensure a seamless introduction to production for all customer projects for 3rd party customers in both the Caterpillar & Perkins Brands. The role will also have responsibility for the leadership of the NPI readiness tracking and managing the NPI gateway heath by tracking the customer progress against the NPI commitments.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop and maintain a high performing team which is recognised as competitive advantage delivering an outstanding customer service.
• Management of resources that are aligned with business objectives and sales plans to provide a robust planning service to ensure our sales projects are delivered on time to meet customer expectations.
• Provide leadership and governance to drive actions within the business to resolve major customer barriers by gaining stakeholder alignment.
• Provide leadership to develop the NPI and planning processes to improve efficiency, velocity and quality through collaboration with functional teams.
• Manage the Product Market NPI governance process and programme health and communicate progress with internal partners, customers and stakeholders.
• Support the customer communication process, advising on major project issues or product changes impacting the customer.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Strong project facilitation skills to develop, establish and embed a consistent process globally
• Expert communicator, proficient in building collaborative, respectful partnerships to work with varied stakeholder and customer groups.
• Strong analytical skills to present and manage data, driving proactive metrics to inform senior stakeholders and drive accountability with forward.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Experience of using Salesforce.com
• Experience of Thinkcell for MS PowerPoint
• Experience in a business to business, global sales environment
• Previous experience of supervising a small team.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.