Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 16, 2019
As a Product Communications Manager, you will lead a marketing team to deliver on our Marketing Communications Strategy globally for products in the Caterpillar equipment line, including Work Tools and Load & Haul, sold within the Heavy Construction, General Construction, and Quarry & Aggregates market segments.
This position is responsible for driving the implementation of the product core content strategy for Work Tools and Load & Haul, accountable for delivering effective marketing materials on-time to support New Product Introductions& Annual Product Updates, and for return on marketing investment. You will manage Global Product Communicators (GPC) in planning, budgeting and implementing the strategy and tactics while working with GTM, Product Group and regional marcom teams. You will also engage with Global Product Communications Manager and Content Strategist to ensure strategic alignment.
This position oversees Segmented Marketing and Digital First workstreams for Work Tools and Load & Haul, including development of marketing strategies. Strategic development will involve research/VOC, customer buying behavior and customer analytics for segments of Heavy Construction, General Construction and Quarry& Aggregates, as well as collaboration with Segmented Marketing leads and regional marcom teams.
The Product Communications Manager is also responsible for driving process efficiency for the Global Product Communications team. This position will manage Content Managers, Writers and Designers to drive effective and efficient processes and content management supporting GPC deliverables. Work involves overseeing resource management, workflow and supplier relations for production of marketing materials.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Drive innovative solutions while leveraging best practices globally
* Supervise Global Product Communicators in launching New Product Introductions and Annual Product Updates. Works with Product Groups and the Global Product Application team regularly to ensure alignment on messaging, processes and timelines to deliver marketing assets per the product core content strategy.
* Supervise Content Managers, Writers and Designers in production, translation and activation of GPC deliverables in designated delivery channels
* Oversee Segmented Marketing and Digital First workstreams for Work Tools and Load & Haul to ensure strategic alignment.
* Responsible for marcom budget management, including identification of strategic budget and resource needs for short and long-term plan
* Drive process efficiency and effective content management
* Select and manage marketing suppliers to assure effective execution and messaging, and balance with use of internal suppliers and resources
* Works with other machine business units to drive continuity in marketing and process
* Lead and/or Collaborate with Global Product Communications Manager and Content Strategist on strategic initiatives
* Bachelor’s degree
* 7-10 years of progressively responsible job-related experience- specifically marketing communications experience and/or field experience
* Proficient in marketing communications, data interpretation, new product introduction marketing deliverables, sustainable process, and strategic planning.
* Moderate travel required 10-15%.
Top candidates will also have:
* Previous supervisor experience desired.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal with issues crossing boundaries or persuade others inside or outside the organization to take action.
* Experience developing effective marketing strategies with proven results
* Experience developing successful communication strategies
* Experience developing content with multiple language and geographic considerations
* Strong writing/presentation skills
* Familiar with project management processes
* Familiar with content management and project management systems, including Microsoft and Adobe suites
* Knowledge of construction products, customer segmentation and jobsite understanding
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality