For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs. We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart Iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results through superior service and innovation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Marketing Internship Program Details:
Caterpillar's Global Dealer Learning group is seeking an intern to assist in developing technical content for it's Electric Power Generation Group. The intern would be responsible for projects including, but not limited to:
- Working with equipment to identify areas for dealer training and developing content at foundational and advanced levels
- Other projects as assigned
Summer 2019: May 18, 2020 - August 6, 2020
This is a 40 hour per week assignment, lasting 16 weeks.
Besides exciting work, Corporate Interns will experience:
* Comprehensive internship orientation
* Travel Reimbursement
* Tours of state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
* Product Demonstrations
* Various social events
* Networking with leadership
* Intern roundtable discussions
* Business skill building
* Career discussion with leaders and experts
* Resume and Interview workshop
* And more!
Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they’re really contributing to the work of a powerful global team. At Caterpillar, we know that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at our organization. Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Caterpillar couldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work. Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success of the employees. When employees win, so does Caterpillar.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
Internship Program Qualifications:
* Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in Electrical Engineering
* Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8/4.0 (no rounding).
* Expected graduation date of December 2020 and beyond.
* If a transfer student, must have 12 semester hours completed at 4-year university.
* Must be able to relocate to Peoria, IL area for duration of internship, and complete daily work commute using reliable transportation.
* Previous Electrical Engineering or electrical background
* Mechatronics or Mechanical Electronics is a plus
* Ability to interpret electrical schematics and diagnose/repair faults of a basic electrical circuit
* Strong Initiative, Communication, Leadership and Interpersonal skills
* Familiarity with Caterpillar Products
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.