Material Specialist (1st Shift)
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Denison, TX, United States
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2019
As a Material Specialist at Caterpillar Inc., you will work from a variety of source documents to verify part numbers, part locations and quantities. In addition to counting parts and filling orders, you be responsible for shipping, receiving and delivering part as needed.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Follow all applicable policies and procedures and ensure safety rules are observe
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, goggles, gloves, ear plugs, metatarsal safety shoes, etc.) as required
- Required to work overtime schedule as requested to meet production needs based on established overtime procedures
- Operate Powered Industrial Trucks (PITS) and Aerial Work Platforms (AWP)
- Complete required documentation and system transactions needed for material moves and inventory audits
- Physically handle material movement and preparation
- Support production through material conveyance
- Participate in problem solving, continuous improvement initiatives and provide feedback in areas of People, Quality, Velocity and Cost
- Use hand tools, portable powered hand tools, overhead cranes, electric hoist and other powered equipment
- Use andon for identification of variance from standard work
- Be available to assist in other areas as needed
- Participate in activities and exercises in support of the Caterpillar Production System (CPS) – 5S, RIWs, etc.
- Must be physically mobile with ability to sit, stand, bend, squat, twist, reach, climb, and walk
- Must be able to work at heights and comply with facility fall-protection requirements
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 35 lbs
- Must be able to perform the above physical demands for extended periods of time
- Subject to inside environmental conditions – protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes – exposure to occasional temperature extremes (below 32 degrees or above 100 degrees)
- Subject to outside environmental conditions
- Experience operating fork trucks and aerial work platforms
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and their proper application
- Basic knowledge of measuring devices
- Basic computer skills
- Previous warehouse experience
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.