WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
There’s more to work at
Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it
shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our
values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to
life in the way we work. Caterpillar Large Power Systems Division (LPSD)
designs and manufactures diesel and gas enginges ranging from 400 kilowatts to
16 megawatts of power, and the key engine systems such as fuel, air,
aftertreatment and cooling which are used to power oil & gas, electric
power, marine, rail and Cat machine applications around the world.
Large Power Systems
Division currently has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager located at our Pontiac, IL facility. As a Manufacturing Engineering Manager at Caterpillar you will be responsible for manufacturing processes, tooling, and equipment to economically produce products, components and assemblies, and provide concurrent process functions from design concept through implementation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Provide supervisory support to Operations and Product Managers for automated manufacturing systems, manufacturing processes, and checking equipment, tooling and robust work standards
Work closely with product engineering, marketing, customer services and Operations Managers to ensure common goals in support of product group objectives
Support the manufacturing operation and Product Groups by managing specific technical functions
Develop facility layout and area allocations
Ensure relevant regulatory compliance
Ensure optimum use of equipment and space in support of changing production requirements
Coordinate release dates and availability of machines, equipment and material schedules to satisfy demand
Establish standards and works with shop personnel to resolve problems related to process, tooling, equipment, etc.
Establish and review objectives, and provide personnel requirements and future forecasts
Effectively utilize Class A, 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methodologies
degree in an accredited Engineering, Manufacturing, or Supply Chain curriculum.
- 3+ years of operations supervisory experience
- Prior Manufacturing related work experience
- Experience with procurement and implementing Assembly and Test processes
- Previous Capital Project Experience
- Lean implementation experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Prior Experience
with Engine or Engine Component manufacturing.
- Prior experience with automation and PLC processes
- Prior Test experiences
- Six Sigma Black
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a flexible approach to working in a changing environment.
- Working knowledge of OEE calculations and ability to use metric data to drive efficiency improvements.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with aggressive deadlines.
- Relocation assistance is available for this position
- This position will close at 11:59 PM CST on August 29, 2019
- Caterpillar, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. All
qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and
individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals
for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment
based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company,
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be
found through our employment website www.caterpillar.com/careers.