Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity as a Product Support Engineer. In this position, you will provide for incumbents' on-the-job developmental work assignment to learn and develop product support staff skills from various divisions of marketing organization who will provide hands on training for particular expertise of that division.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Contribute to division's objectives.
* Develop skills and experience in objective setting, project planning, deadline responsibility, budget and cost control as well as implementation and follow-up methods.
* Receive a substantial amount of guidance and direction from supervisor or consultant and other staff personnel to complete projects.
* Answer technical requests from dealers, subsidiaries, contact divisions and other departments concerning parts/service operational type inquiries.
* Time in this developmental assignment will vary according to an incumbent's performance and company needs in other areas and the field.
* Upon completion of the development phase and subject to an in-depth performance/potential appraisal, incumbents will be in line for an assignment as a field representative or as a Project Manager/Maintenance Consultant.
* Technology or engineering degree or the equivalent.
* Completed segments of the Marketing Orientation Program would