As a Marketing Representative, you will begin your development in a 3-month Marketing Training Class. Following the training class, you will enter rotational assignments tailored to an industry or distribution service (dealer development) career path. Rotational assignments will be focused on developing industry and product application knowledge as well as a strong understanding of the Caterpillar Dealer network.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Sales/Market Development (Industry/Parts Sales Path) - Analyze sales opportunities, review pricing practices, assist with new product information releases, and develop competitive analysis for the assigned industry. You will also be involved with the development of marketing strategies for assigned rotational workgroup/industry.
* Process Development and Implementation (Dealer Operations Path) – You will assist/lead projects related to global dealer operational excellence, working closely with Caterpillar Distribution Service Divisions.
* Service Tech Support (Industry Service Path) – You will develop a strong understanding of product application and proper maintenance practices, and be able to articulate product issues as well as proposed solutions. You will rotate through Global Product groups in order to develop a network of service engineering teams to assist with product/application questions. You will be expected to understand Caterpillar warranty/goodwill policies and apply effectively in support of field related issues.
* You will rotate through any of the above areas during your developmental phase as well as a dealer location to gain additional experience. Following completion of the rotational assignments (approx 36 months), you will move to a field based position supporting Caterpillar Dealers and customers.
* Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Automobile, Production, Electrical, Marine, Civil) or Masters Degree (Business/Marketing)
* Must be willing to travel extensively, at least 50% or more of the time
* Must be willing to relocate based upon business needs.
* Must have good academic score
* Preferably with 2- 4 years of working experience in marketing development, sales or product support. Experience in
construction and infrastructure related fields / automotive would be an advantage
- Previous experience in technical and/or marketing role would be advantageous
- Strong communication, leadership, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to operate independently
- Previous entry level technical marketing experience or marketing internship
- Technical aptitude or knowledge is preferred