Logistics Operations Manager - 2nd Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: York, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 13, 2019
BE EMPOWERED & INSPIRED
We create an inclusive and diverse work environment because different perspectives result in the best ideas.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Logistics Operations Manager on 2nd shift located in our York, PA facility. In this role you will have the opportunity to enhance your Warehouse and Operations experience through assisting management of a distribution facility serving a Cat Logistics (CL) Client Operation and continuous in house training. This will allow you to build strong relationships with various stakeholders, whilst enhancing your knowledge of Caterpillar's products, technologies and processes.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the facility and value stream managers to meet client needs and achieve profitability objectives of the facility, with office and storeroom operations ensuring dealer requirements are achieved or exceeded
- Manage storeroom operations to maximize layout, processes and culture related to receiving, storing, order filling, packing, shipping, quality control, inventory counts, etc.
- Recommend changes, assist in continuous improvement initiatives for warehousing processes and implements new systems/processes
- Communicate and maintain a culture of open relationships with associates and assists supervisors in answering associate concerns/complaints
- Ensure employees are thoroughly trained in processes and business practices/policies
- Operational updates and operations summaries
- Manage overall responsibilities for 2nd shift operations, consisting of 80 hourly employees, two salaried personnel, and three supervisors
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of operations experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- CPS (Caterpillar Production System) experience or other production system model experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Supply Chain
- Six Sigma and CPS Greenbelt
- Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures
- EWM system experience
- Leadership experience managing other supervisors or salaried personnel
- Possess good communication skills
- Analytical skills
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.