Caterpillar Inc., the world’s largest manufacturer of earth moving equipment, is seeking its next Global Industrial Design manager and has an immediate opening for a 10+ year experienced, highly creative and proven leader for its worldwide team. This role has the critical responsibility of enabling and leading Caterpillar to leverage a sixty-year internal industrial design consultancy to execute industry leading human centered design in earth moving and power generation products. This position leads highly skilled degreed creatives that continually ensure any product or component development led by industrial design, delivers deep customer empathy and value synonymous with the iconic Cat brand.
The Global Industrial Design manager position requires a passionate design advocate that can strategically guide a diverse team to infuse Cat DNA into an extensive revolving portfolio of products. Executing the look and feel for critical brand touch points in and on components, operator environments and whole products is a key deliverable. Along with this, managing all day-to-day requirements of a US-based design consultancy is the expectation.
If you are a highly experienced, energized and degreed industrial design manager and have deep knowledge in leading design thinking, advanced concepting, user interface design, graphic design, materials & processes, model building, large scale product manufacturing, and further growing an iconic brand, then come join our team.
* Minimum - BS / BA in Industrial Design, Product Design or Transportation Design
* 10+ years experience as an industrial design director or creative director
* 10+ years of experience managing product development teams
* Exceptional skills in crafting, executing and governing product design strategies for worldwide product lines
* Deep leadership skills with a proven record of managing all aspects of a consulting design studio
* Highly engaged people skills with a focus on directing, growing and motivating highly creative talent
* Proven understanding, curation and advocacy of a world recognized brand and its value to customers
* Full knowledge and experience handling resource assignments, annual budgets and client expectations
* Thorough knowledge of materials & processes used in the production of heavy equipment or related products
* Excellent oral and written communication skills that articulate a passion for the brand and the end user
* A fundamental respect of and desire to join the Cat brand
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.