This job posting is no longer active.
Location: South Milwaukee, WI, United States
Date Posted: Jan 22, 2020
Caterpillar’s Surface Mining and
Technology Division is currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer
at its South Milwaukee, WI facility. In this role you will have an opportunity
to provide the technical expertise necessary to design, develop, and implement
manufacturing systems, complex manufacturing operations and sophisticated
Job Duties/Responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and maintain the process to safely and efficiently machine large, 1 to 6 meter, gearing used on 7495 electric rope shovels and draglines
* Create CNC programs and perform
first run prove outs on complex 5 axis machining centers
* Assisting in developing department capital and expense budgets.
* Administering the assembly New Product Introduction (NPI) process to ensure that Engineering drawings are released and processed on time for NPI build.
* Engaging in creative problem solving to address operational issues including: ergonomic/ safety, efficiency improvements, process bottlenecks, quality concerns.
* Working with internal and external suppliers to develop and manage projects to ensure efficient and cost effective systems and processes to produce quality products.
* Designing, developing and implementing the integration of manufacturing systems including factory control software, scheduling techniques, simulation and systems application.
* Coordinating, planning, monitoring and reporting the activities associated with the flow analysis, design, financial modeling and implementation of complex manufacturing group technology cells in an assigned area.
* Providing manufacturing technical support in process control and internal certification.
* Coordinating the purchase and application of machine tools, controls and related equipment corporate
wide to ensure the latest technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations.
* Designing complex or intricate jigs and fixtures.
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Manufacturing Engineering
*In lieu of a degree, 8+ years Manufacturing Engineering related experiences.
Top Candidates will also have:
* Background in gear design or gear manufacturing
* Experience using a CAD package (NX & Teamcenter)
* Experience operating and programming 5 axis machining centers
* Strong understanding of CNC programming and offline simulation
* Familiar with company policies and
procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
* Thorough knowledge of
* Good written and oral communication skills
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers