To develop and support the system solution functionality of one or more applications or business processes for Caterpillar.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1. Validate business requirements for an application or process.
2. Validate solution design, including prototyping and configuration for an application or process
3. Validate process documentation for the application or process.
4. Participate in test script creation for new content releases or deployments for an application or process.
5. Review and approve test plans as required by new content releases or deployments for an application or process.
6. Review and approve end user training materials for an application or process.
7. Establish business rules for the use of an application or process.
8. Establish security data classifications for the application or process.
9. Business escalation point for any conflicts or concerns with the application or process.
10. Assist in managing contracts as needed for consulting or external interfaces for the application or process.
11. Represent the application or process with other areas of the business who use or integrate with this part of the business.
12. Seek input from relevant areas of the business that should have inputs to this application or process.
Incumbent will see information about the real, underlying needs of the customer, beyond those expressed initially, and match these to available (or customized) products or services. Incumbent may influence tactical business decisions (for example, providing key ideas for major decisions such as changing department policy, making the basic technical choices for a new process). Understanding, evaluating and reacting to routine problems or situations with external contacts is also part of this assignment. Interaction is within the framework of existing business policies and practices and/or established business relationships.
Incumbent may consider new courses of action which complement existing policies and short term goals. He/she may find a need for new policies or procedures. Though general unit goals are in place, incumbent sets the plan and determines the priorities and processes that will achieve unit or Caterpillar ends. Position may invent new ways to explain problems, situations, or opportunities. Incumbent may also develop a single picture that explains many parts. Incumbent may develop multiple new concepts to describe a given situation. Problems and issues usually involve careful interpretation, analysis or diagnosis. Position must identify the relevant information to develop solutions or approaches. Developing solutions usually requires in-depth analysis that cannot be done quickly. Problems and issues have a variety of interpretations, and require careful evaluation and reference to a large number of options. Incumbent must first identify the nature of a complex or undefined problem and then develop the best solution or application from numerous alternatives.
Incumbent develops well-prepared action plans for the current year and has a clear sense of what needs to be achieved in the year to come. Position receives assignments that tell what needs to be done and when it needs to be completed. Incumbent can change practices and procedures to get the desired results.
Travel will be dependent on the application or process supported but in most cases will be minimal (10% of working time).
- Self-starter who can come up to speed quickly
- Works with little direction and supervision, makes time for unplanned assignments, and adaptable to changing priorities
- Experience in Agile project management tools such as Mingle, Visual Studio Team Services, Rally, JIRA
- Excellent planning, and organization skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify multiple approaches to problem solving and recommend the best solution
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects of different sizes
- Development experience
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.