Material Planning Analyst
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Pontiac, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2019
Caterpillar's Large Power Systems Division (LPSD) designs and manufactures diesel and gas engines ranging from 400 kilowatts to 16 megawatts of power, and the key engine systems such as fuel, air, aftertreatment and cooling which are used to power oil & gas, electric power, marine, rail and Cat machine applications around the world.
LPSD currently has an exciting opportunity as a Logistics Analyst at our Pontiac, IL facility.
As a Logistics Analyst, you will collaborate with suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules, and resolves issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production. The incumbent works with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility production and point of use material availability. Ensures alignment of facility inventory accuracy and inventory systems planning parameters with the plan for every part to maintain planning integrity.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Ensure timely delivery of materials to the facility
Supplier collaboration to meet facility production plans
Utilize root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues
Analyze established parts schedules and production requirements
Convert requirements into appropriate piece parts
Requisition materials, regulate inventory levels and issue work orders
Manage and perform supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components
Support supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics
Deliver improvements in point of use material availability
Provide Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning
- Must have 1-2 years of supply chain experience
- Previous working experience with ERP/MRP systems such as MRC
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel tools, including formulas, Vlookups, Pivot tables, etc.
- Previous experience with MFG-PRO
- APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification
- Previous material planning experience
- Working knowledge of FOM
- Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal and written and verbal communications skills to effectively work across functions to perform work deploying supply chain improvements
- Requires problem solving skills to solve common problems
- Must be a strong team player in order to be effective in deploying supply chain improvements as part of a team
- Must possess understanding of manufacturing and operations standard processes and basic product knowledge
- Ability to analyze business conditions and situations during deployment needed to minimize disruption to daily requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Caterpillar, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers