This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Sanford, NC, United States
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2019
The Environmental, Health and/or Safety Associate is an entry-level job that includes assignments that have defined scopes and are very technical in nature. In this entry-level job, you will go through training to support Environmental, Health and/or Safety professionals and to eventually move to a more senior position within the group.
This position is located at the Sanford, NC facility within the Building Construction Products Division of Caterpillar Inc. Tasks will be primarily focused around the environmental needs of the facility (80-90%) with some opportunity to develop skills in the safety and industrial hygiene fields.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Perform inspections and tests to monitor specific EHS issues, regulations, and company practices.
* Collect, evaluate, and report environmental metrics.
* As experience is gained, lead small teams to achieve improvements in EHS performance.
* Learn about the business, systems, and procedures and develop skills (both technical and leadership) to provide valued assistance to teams and others within the work group.* Use readily available clear and direct references and providing straightforward solutions to problems.
* Previous job-related experience in Environmental, Health & Safety required (Environmental focus is strongly preferred)
* Experience working
with environmental regulations such as SWPPP, SPCC, RCRA
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to communicate effectively
Top candidates will also have:
* A degree in an appropriate scientific discipline is highly desired and consideration will be given to equivalent EHS experience
* A minimum of one-year experience in an EHS role
* Demonstrated leadership abilities
* Good project management skills* Good attention to detail