For 90+ years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2015 sales and revenues of $47.011 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
As a Lathe Specialist at Caterpillar, Inc., you will operate, set up and adjust automatic lathes to perform various combinations of machining operations on miscellaneous parts.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Executing machining operations on N/C lathes to perform complex combinations of machine of machining operations or limited combination of machining operations close to tolerance.
Manually operate vertical turret lathes
* Adjusts single spindle automatic cutoff machines to perform cutoff and/or chamfer operations on barstock, tubing, ect.
* Applying safe working methods
*CNC Operations include, but are not limited to: Turning, Milling, Drilling, Hobbing, Shaping, and Skiving
Candidates may be placed on an off shift as business needs dictate
* Technical school or equal educational background in mechanical or similar discipline
* Previous machine shop experience
* Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
*Be able to work any shift
Top Candidates will also possess:
* Previous CNC experience
* Awareness of Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain (5S) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
Candidates may be placed on any shift as business needs dictate
Position is located in Decatur, IL. No relocation package is available.
Position is full time with benefits.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment
visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be
found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
Please ensure you frequently check the email account you provided on your application, including the junk/span folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.