This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2019
JOB PURPOSE: Manage global project teams comprised of digital resources, dealer service division (DSD) resources, industry resources, dealer resources, vendor resources and others tasked with developing and maintaining Cat Digital solutions used by Caterpillar dealers and customers. Provide leadership and mentor less experienced Project Managers. Manage delivery of group of related projects that delivers a common program goal in line with Cat Digital Strategy.
The program manager is accountable for ensuring successful completion of projects, on-time, within budget, and error-free. The principal responsibility of the Program Manager is to manage the planning and execution of various project deliverables. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the project charter, communications, metrics, reporting, and the overall program plan (highlighting dependencies between various projects under the same program) and budget.
The Program Manager will:
- Use knowledge of Cat Digital processes, dealer operations and business acumen to guide cross-functional teams in the execution of projects.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Serve as the principal communicator with clients and internal stakeholders regarding program and project status.
- Define program scope with program success indicators to reap benefits of the program within a defined timeframe.
- Use Agile or Waterfall program management methodology as relevant to the program execution. Follow latest industry execution practices and processes (e.g, DevOps, Continuous Integration – Continuous Delivery) for highest velocity and innovation.
- Prioritize program requirements working with Product Owner or other stakeholders.
- Write communication plan and stakeholder management plan for the program. Manage the expectation of stakeholders across the program.
- Provide regular updates to Business stakeholders and consumers of program deliverables.
- Create and manage dependencies across all active projects. Collaborate across the program to leverage diverse thoughts and ideas.
- Log and review program risks with stakeholders and take timely action to mitigate or eliminate risks.
- Evaluate team members of the program organization and look to add required resources or train resources to improve IT skills for the benefit of the digital program.
- Mentor project managers for success delivery of the program.
- Radiate program status using a visual tool. Document all program related artifacts including lessons learned, on an easily accessible and shared environment.
- Be an advocate of the digital program and market it for a successful adoption.
- Develop distribution and deployment mechanisms to deliver solutions, including distribution channel development and end-to-end order to delivery processes
• Position requires a 2-year associates degree with 8 plus years of Program Manager experience
OR 4- year bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University.
• 5 + years of project management and program management experience in application
deployment, software development, support/operational services and product management
TOP CANDIDATES WILL ALSO HAVE:
• PMP Certification
• dNPI experience
• Self-starter with strong technical leadership skills and business acumen
• Experience in leading projects/initiatives across global teams
• Strong knowledge of digital products & services
• Dealer channel experience, ideally in distribution development & channel enablement
• Excellent collaboration and relationship management capabilities
• Proficient in Primavera P6
• Proficient in Microsoft Project
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.