This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 1, 2019
Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides solutions to its customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. Services provided to customers after purchase leverage their connected equipment and our outstanding field technology, and decades of product, service and application expertise to enhance performance. Caterpillar's Global Aftermarket Solutions Division (GASD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. Working alongside our dealers, we serve customer needs throughout the product lifecycle.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers by reducing total owning and operating costs. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed, now is a great time to join GASD.
As a Repair and Rebuild Specialist, you will serve as the expert responsible for the development and execution of profitable repair options which drive parts and service revenue and POPS growth. The role of this assignment is that of an individual contributor who has established a reputation as an expert in a services marketing. Assignments/projects are complex and strategic in nature. Expertise in service delivery, standard jobs, dealer service processes, and an ability to understand the commercial landscape within a dealer territory are critical success factors for this role.
Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations. Often recommendations will be met with resistance from dealer service leadership, so the ability to appropriately present recommendations and challenge the status quo is required. Proven leadership in innovation of new or improved ideas/processes is key to this role, along with the execution to the market. Daily work in this position will cross various functional business units and global partners along with districts, dealers and customers to implement parts and service marketing activities and drive parts growth through the repair options strategy.
Duties may include:
• Act as the technical lead for developing and delivering the processes to enable profitable repair options at prioritized dealers
• Share best practices on execution of profitable repair options with other dealers and within GASB and the DSDs
• Identify components that are lacking cost effective reuse/salvage options and help prioritize that work with product groups
• Gathering and providing VOC and VOD to the dealer, pricing and marketing teams
• Developing, Coordinating and Presenting Training materials to various audiences
• Competitive Analysis, Segmenting, targeting and positioning market opportunities to gain market share
• Partner with industry groups, DSD teams and Repair Options Development teams to align strategies
• Mentor team members within broader Parts & Service organization
• Must have ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences.
• Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative, cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit. This position generally requires extensive travel to understand regional or worldwide business conditions.