This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: Support various accounts receivable management efforts for Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation (CFSC).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collects delinquent active contracts through telephone contact and field visits.
2. Authorizes and conducts equipment repossessions, which includes authorizing legal correspondence and arranging for transportation and safe storage of the units.
3. Reports past due results and recommends additions, deletions and modifications to the Potential Credit Loss Report.
4. Develops and nurtures a strong working relationship with dealers, Territory Managers and customers in an assigned portfolio.
5. Coordinates timely resolution of customer service issues on past due accounts.
6. Reports their individual collection activities to the Customer Account Manager on a weekly and monthly basis or as requested
7. May provide timely reporting of repossessed assets or accounts being referred for legal action to other business units as required, including Special Accounts, Remarketing and Legal.
8. May provide status and historical reporting to Account Services staff and management on collection activities and accounts placed for repossession within the department.
9. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
10. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply collection techniques and procedures.
2. Demonstrated ability to participate in process improvement via continuous improvement methodology.
3. Demonstrated ability to perform duties and responsibilities with limited supervision.
4. Demonstrated ability to handle complaint resolution on complex issues with limited assistance, in most cases, or direct to appropriate level as necessary.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply effective written and verbal communication skills and willingness to develop presentation skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to analyze, recommend and approve contracts for default and late charge waiver.
7. Demonstrated ability to train other employees as required.
8. Demonstrated ability to plan and facilitate meetings with limited assistance.
9. Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply math computation skills.
10 Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply data collection and analysis skills.
11 Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to analyze customer credit summaries and past due accounts.
12 Thorough knowledge of and the ability to apply financing and taxation principles.
13 Thorough knowledge of marketing and customer service concepts and techniques.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree in any discipline and a minimum of 2 years exempt experience in credit, customer services, collections, marketing and/or financial statement analysis is recommended. Previous exempt work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Plus if the candidate has paralegal experience