What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for a Regional Service Manager located in Mandeville, Louisiana. As a Regional Service Manager at Caterpillar, you will be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction through field service being carried out in a professional and accountable manner and within budgeted costs. This is also an advisory role for the team of Service Engineers within a given region.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for ensuring all field service and commissioning is carried out according to customer requirements and CAT Propulsion standards. Customers would contact the Service Operations Supervisor to log an issue with a Cat Propulsion product. They are also the first point of contact with the customer when providing technical support
* Responsible for commissioning and service/repair on site and the management of warranty claims. The Service Operations Supervisor is responsible to ensure customers’ requirements are satisfied and involves customer interface, meetings and negotiations
* Requires deep expertise and an ability to propose and provide technical recommendations and solutions to clients for repair and upgrading jobs. The incumbent will be expected to provide a sufficient induction and training to ensure service engineers sent out on the field have the appropriate skills and behavior
* Responsible for monitoring the progress on works carried out and coordinating with the customer and shipyard on site during Repair and Commissioning jobs. They also assist with the Service Engineer’s travel and is responsible for ensuring that the Service Engineers are suitably equipped to carry out any work required
* Expected to assist in the development and implementation of the After Sales strategy within the area of coverage
* Train, develop and motivate the team to achieve individual and department objective
* Ensure documents are properly endorsed/verified by the customer
* Develop and maintain Caterpillar Propulsion image and brand positioning in accordance with Caterpillar Propulsion global standards
* Collaborate with other functions and businesses during planning and process improvement activities to ensure their timely completion of all corporate objectives and milestones
* Travel will be required on a regular basis up to and possibly exceeding 50%