What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer. The ideal candidate will be located in the Mandeville, Louisiana area. This position can also be located in the states bordering the Gulf of Mexico (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida) or in Oregon. As a Service Engineer, you will be responsible for commissioning, start-up and testing, of mechanical (Propeller, OD Box), hydraulic and control systems on new building projects. This role also supervise/oversee complex repairs and overhauls of all CAT Propulsions’ equipment on vessels under warranty claim, equipment annual docking and emergency repairs.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for monitoring the progress on works carried out and coordinating with the customer and shipyard on site during Repair and Commissioning jobs
* Participate in the more complex repair and commissioning jobs. They are expected to have a good knowledge of both marine mechanical repairs and electronic repairs
* Responsible for commissioning and service/repair on site and the management of warranty claims
* Make recommendations of spare parts to customers during repair or overhauling works including system upgrades
* Responsible for ensuring that CAT Propulsions’ equipment performs as per the requirement and satisfaction of the customer
* Responsible for providing status and progress updates of repair and commissioning jobs to the Service Manager
* Complete timesheets and service reports upon completion of all works, ensuring all documents are properly endorsed / verified by the customer
* Report on defects found on CAT Propulsions’ equipment during commissioning, repair or troubleshoot processes
* Report on mishandling or wrong installation of CAT Propulsions’ equipment which will cause damage or malfunction of the equipment
* Complete defective parts forms for warranty claim purposes
* Responsible for Commissioning of various Trading Articles that was included with the Equipment delivery, such as Shaft Alternator, Gearbox, Journal Bearing, Soft-starter etc.
* Prepare commissioning checklists, sea-trial reports and harbor trial (bollard pull) reports on completion of new building projects
* Prepare service reports upon completion of work
* Travel will be required on a regular basis up to an possibly exceeding 50%
* High school diploma or equivalent in mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems
* 3+ years of product service related experience ideally in the marine or propulsion industry
* Must have technical aptitude with the ability to communicate technical information to both external and internal customers
Top Candidates will also have:
* Outgoing and possess good communication skills including a good knowledge of English
* Must be a team player but able to work independently with a willingness to learn and take on new challenges
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.