At Caterpillar, you build what matters—whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide—building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy—and that work is powered by our people.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will provide management, analysis and consulting for global workforce analytics.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for trending and analyzing workforce metrics for all global business units and countries in which Caterpillar does business
* Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: Attraction and attrition, internal transfers and promotions, background screens, selection tools, standard hiring, job opening/application activity, speed to hire/throughput time, hiring source success rates, global current and forecasted headcount
* Monitor trends, consult with and develop action plans for Lead HR Managers, HR Directors, country managers and corporate process owners when issues arise based on internal or industry trends warrant action
* Monitor hiring source success rates (headhunters, search firms, affinity groups, etc) and recommend continued, increased or decreased funding based on the return on investment and alternate sources
* Manage entrance and exit surveys, monitor trends, analyze and consult with/create action plans for HR Managers, country managers and corporate Process Owners when there are issues which require action to be taken compared with industry data
* Build external network of contacts to benchmark for industry trends related to employment and staffing
* Analyze the competitive environment for talent in global markets, assess labor availability and unemployment data, which will help influence future areas of product source planning managed by the Global Product Network Process group
*2 to 5 years of job experience in the analytics field
*College or university degree
*Demonstrated project management of complex/matrix programs and change management with global application
working knowledge and application of analytical tools as well as data management.
think critically and to use both quantitative and systemic thinking
*Strong business acumen
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
*Proven ability to convert stats and data in business context and vice versa
*Demonstrated ability to translate trend analysis to executive summary
*Ability to prioritize business content
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.