What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Cat Oil &Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for an Aftermarket Inside Sales Team Lead located in Alpharetta, Georgia. As an Aftermarket Inside Sales Team Lead at Caterpillar, you are ultimately responsible for successful execution of customer projects and/or accounts from Quotations to Order Entry. Additional responsibilities may include the management of internal sales, cross functional support for outside sales, and project management support. This position works with cross-functional multi-project team resources to ensure defined scope, timeline, documentation, and cost parameters are accurate.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Manage Quotation and Purchase Order language
* Effectively negotiate project contractual and change order situations
* Train and mentor Inside Sales Support Engineers
* Contract and Change Order negotiation, preparation and administration
* Work with Outside Sales team to ensure customer expectations are being met.
* Interact with Aftermarket and Switchgear project management teams for change order negotiations.
* Delegate responsibilities for efficient and effective results
* Review projects for accuracy and compliance to order/quote, PO/contract, spec, and customer’s expectations
* Monitor Team member’s performance for milestone and schedule compliance
* Provide escalation support to the organization
* Develop/Improve internal processes and tools utilized for increased efficiency
* 3+ years of outside sales, sales support, and/or sales engineering experience with demonstrated performance.
* Experience in dealing with multiple disciplines such as contractors, consultants, engineering, sales, purchasing, and commissioning agents
* Knowledge of plant front-end scheduling, engineering and manufacturing process and equipment cycle times.
* Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional technical teams within budgetary and schedule constraints
* Demonstrated knowledge of project and business management principles, methods and techniques
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and situations to achieve superior proactive project order management and customer service.
* Ability to strategically and tactically organize and structure project execution activities
* Demonstrated skills and experience in mediation and negotiation
* Market/Competitive Knowledge; knows major competitors in the market area and their alignment with distributors and major customers
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office.
Top candidates will also have:
* Bachelor's or Technical Degree is highly desired
* Supervisory experience is preferred
* Demonstrated experience directing internal and client teams involved in multiple activities
* Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
* Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
* Successful candidate must be able to work in a Team environment, possess strong leadership and organizational skills, and demonstrate ability to take ownership of assignment and customer satisfaction.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.