As a Service Technical Representative you will assist with product problem management within an assigned territory or industry. You will represent Caterpillar to minimize the commercial impact of customer complaints related to products, applications, and maintenance requirements, and will have a direct bottom line impact on Caterpillar and dealer financial results. This is generally the first level technical service assignment following completion of the pre-field marketing training program.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* The key role of this first level technical service assignment position is to learn and assist others, while building territory or industry knowledge.
* You will learn to administer company policy warranty settlements and work with service specialists to ensure dealers have technical capability to identify and repair product deficiencies. Assisting dealers in managing Product Improvement Programs cost effectively and within designated timeframes.
* You will provide technical guidance and assist with dealer presentations designed to inform customers of service advantages. A more senior representative and the supervisor/manager typically direct work. Decisions made by this position are more routine and with limited risk issues. Challenges include meeting expectations in delivering results, learning to consider alternative courses of action, making timely decisions and developing communication skills.
* Primary roles include: working with Service Specialists to ensure dealers meet targets for Customer Satisfaction Program; providing input to Service Operations Specialists for shop operations, service process improvements, and systems, to help dealers achieve higher service quality and improve profitability and working with Industry Reps to develop total customer solutions that support sales efforts.
* This position must understand customer/dealer market needs and build an understanding of how and why decisions are made within the work group and organization. You may be responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, new product processes, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc.
* You, along with your manager, will direct your development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from gaining experience in the assigned industry, developing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving techniques, building business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership basics.
The position is to be based in our Geneva head office on the local payroll. Please note that any applicant should have a valid work permit (C,G or B for European citizens) or be a Swiss national. No relocation assistance will be provided.
* A college or university degree or equivalent experience.
* Completion of the Caterpillar pre-field marketing training program.
* Incumbents usually have had 1 to 2 years prior experience in general development/training.
* Knowledge of Caterpillar organization, products, policies, and procedures