To oversee all enterprise marketing content initiatives, including content topics, editorial calendar, writing, cross-collaboration, content categorization and structure, development, distribution and measurement, to ensure topical and relevant customer engagement, brand consistency and a positive customer experience, with a strong connection to Cat’s enterprise social media efforts.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Total Operating Expenses: $1,000,000
Personnel: 5 plus agency
• Collaborates across functions and silos to determine key content topics, then creates and delivers an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives.
• Builds strong collaborative working relationships across various enterprise and dealer groups, specifically: business units, Corporate Public Affairs, Global Brand campaign team, sponsorship team and digital CX team.
• Drive integration of content programs with brand campaigns and sponsorships to drive brand advocacy and desired behavior.
• Manages all content and internal/external social media resources, including designers, writers and other agency personnel.
• Accountable for all Caterpillar Enterprise content marketing initiatives intended to drive traffic, engagement and leads, that ultimately deliver sales and customer retention.
• Leads and manages editorial strategy and calendar
• Develops editorial governance so content is consistent with brand voice, style and tone.
• Creates and establishes content organization and workflows
• Management and optimization of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels.
• Measurement and optimization of the program on a regular and ongoing basis.
• Craft enterprise content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing goals.
• Manage and mentor a small team of content and social developers.
• Edit, proofread and improve writers’ posts
• Implement and use content management systems to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics
• Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic.
• Coordinate and collaborate with legal to ensure compliance (e.g. copyright and data protection, develop best practices)
• Stay up-to-date with industry developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
• Bachelor’s degree
• 7+ years content development and/or social media experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Capable writer with demonstrated writing experience.
• Deep understanding of content development and social media best practices with a proficiency in social media channels
• Experience working in a complex, matrixed and cross-collaborative organization with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to create content across a wide range of digital properties and growing a social audience
• Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it, optimizing the path to conversion
• Ability to articulate, analyze and present content and social media strategy and performance
• Experience with content publishing and social media listening and analytics tools
• Project management and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, and persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.