COLLABORATE WITH THE BEST
Tackle projects with smart, engaged team members who will help you reach the next level in your career. Our teams treat each other—as well as customers—with integrity, accountability and courtesy.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for a Design Engineer in our Mossville, IL facility. As a Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to direct and contribute to the concept, development, and design of complex components, subsystems, or processes while strengthening your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. You will partner with and provide technical guidance to global teams. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your professional network.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead technical aspects for new product introduction (NPI) programs for Cat Fluids
- Partner with and provide technical guidance to internal and external customers regarding machine and engine fluids including oils, greases, fuels, coolant and other additives
- Work with suppliers on a regular basis to design, develop and release new fluids to support customer requirements
- Support marketing, purchasing, product support and commercial teams with technical knowledge
- Perform part / product maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Chemistry
- 4+ years of relevant Engineering experience
Top candidates will also have:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Chemistry
- The ability to understand, define and present project benefits to customers and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated skill in technical project management, development of product, internal and external requirements management, and cost-value management
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
- Experience in the design or development of engines/engine systems, transmissions, axles, hydraulics and cooling systems
- Experience working with machine product groups such as wheel loaders, trucks, excavators, tractors and shovels
- Experience in fluid formulation, fluid analysis or manufacturing
- Ability to draw upon foundational product development skills such as conceptual design, development of product and/or process, data analysis & extraction, failure resolution & prevention, and requirements management
- Interpersonal, leadership, and strong communication skills are required
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.