JOB SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, conduct a wide variety of intricate and complex accounting duties and projects. Assignments and work are generally broad in nature requiring a broad knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, originality and ingenuity. Has appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions and decisions. May make recommendations for changes in policies and procedures to correct accounting related problems and processes. May provide training, guidance and check the work of less experienced accounting staff. May research and provide guidance on proper classification of transactions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Under limited supervision, performs a wide variety of intricate and complex accounting duties. Duties and responsibilities will be focused primarily toward activities requiring the use of in-depth accounting knowledge, practices and principles as well as ingenuity and originality. Appreciable latitude for unreviewed actions and decisions are within the scope of delegated authority.
2. Analyzes financial reports and records, and may make studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
3. Assists Finance Manager in carrying out the integration of the subsidiary into the US GAAP closing process for Cat Financial Services Corp (Nashville).
4. Prepares internal management reports with appropriate analysis and comments, such as the significant figures report and income statement variances reports.
5. Prepares balance sheet reconciliations for complex ledger accounts and reviews reconciliations of lower complexity accounts prepare by other team members
6. Preparation of annual local statutory accounts to IFRS accounting standard
7. Coordinates activities for audit reviews performed by the internal and external auditors.
8. Prepares and submits relevant tax schedules as required for US Tax / Local country tax / VAT
9. Manage and control the integrity of the General Ledger to sub systems subledgers for the company loan portfolio
10. Review and approval of various documents which include: Journals / Bank Payments / Invoices / Cash Management
11. Preparation and payment of Local Payroll
12. When inconsistencies or problems occur which are outside delegated authority, they are brought to the attention of management. Recommendations are made to management regarding the proper means by which to resolve these issues.
13. May make recommendations for changes in policies and procedures to correct accounting related problems and processes.
14. Applies a broad knowledge of advanced accounting methods and procedures.
15. May coordinate and review lower-level accounting work assignments for accuracy and completeness.
16. Understands the established continuous improvement objectives for the department. Measures progress toward the continuous improvement standards and ensure that the necessary measurements are maintained. Participates in the resolution of any identified problems. Analyzes data and makes all business decisions based on such analysis.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
2. Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
3. Demonstrated ingenuity and innovation.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of ability to apply math computation skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as, statistics and other mathematical concepts used in modeling.
5. Thorough knowledge of accounting distribution and ability to verify correctness and completeness of such information.
6. Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP and FASB regulations and procedures as they related to the particular area of accounting.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to use the software packages utilized by Accounting.
8. Demonstrated ability to create and maintain advanced Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year university degree or equivalent diploma, preferably in Accounting, and 4 years of exempt accounting experience is recommended. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
Candidates with professional accounting qualifications – CIMA, ACCA or similar
A minimum of 4 years of exempt accounting experience
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.