Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Collaborating with nominated suppliers in order to meet on-time shipping performance and parts availability targets.
* Support Supplier Development activities and Supply Chain Optimization initiatives if required.
* Performing all necessary expediting functions to fill customer back orders and minimize service loss.
* Proactively communicating with suppliers (Purchased Finished or Cat Manufacturing Plants) as required, and also with dealers regarding the follow up of backorders, via phone, EDI, email, etc
* Making informed decisions on the appropriate action to take for specific schedules, including creating, maintaining, and deleting schedules after collaborating with the supplier. Balancing the needs of the customer with supplier constraints and concerns.
* Ensuring all workload items are addressed in a timely manner.
* Identifying and gaining participation of global team members and other necessary resources needed to accomplish work tasks.
* Data cleansing efforts to ensure accurate lead-time, economic order quantity (EOQ), increment quantities, bracket pricing, minimum order quantities, etc.
* Participate in 6 Sigma & CPS activities to continually improve processes.
* Must be able to effectively communicate and work with all levels both inside and outside the company as he/she has global responsibilities on Grimbergen & Morton entry points.
* Applicants must be self-motivated, open minded, and customer focused, and have strong organisational skills.
* Must have the commitment & flexibility to participate as a key member of a global team.
* A broad working knowledge of the parts distribution network, and prior logistics/procurement experience especially in material availability is mandatory.
* Extensive knowledge of Cat Logistics material availability expediting processes and tools, such as CID, CBO tool, … .
* Introductory knowledge of inventory management systems, such as SNC, Antares, DRP Schedule Board, and Lognet and/or a deep interest to gain IM expertise.
* Introductory knowledge of the proactive material availability grief process.
* Previous direct interaction with Caterpillar Suppliers, both internal and external.
* PC skills such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, as well as basic mainframe skills.
* Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.