As an Accountant, you will contribute to Caterpillar’s success by performing accounting duties of moderate complexity under limited supervision.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Preparing financial statements, preparing and analyzing management reports, analyzing financial reports and records, reviewing reconciliations, providing training on reconciliations and accounting processes, advising on correct general ledger accounts for transactions, completing complex reconciliations.
* When inconsistencies or problems occur which are outside delegated authority, they are brought to the attention of management. Conferring with management to determine the proper means by which to resolve these issues.
* Applying knowledge of advanced accounting methods and procedures.
* Coordinating and reviewing lower-level accounting work assignments for accuracy and completeness.
* Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Bachelor’s degree in another discipline plus 18 credit hours of accounting.
* A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of ability to apply math computation skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as, statistics and other mathematical concepts used in modeling.
* Knowledge of accounting distribution and ability to verify correctness and completeness of such information.
* Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and FASB regulations and procedures as they related to the particular area of accounting.
* Demonstrated ability to create and maintain advanced Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
* 1-3 years of related experience
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.