This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2019
This position is for Software Developer Team Lead with strong leadership and development skills, primarily in Java technologies focusing on backend RESTFUL API development. The ability to quickly learn and contribute to a complex software platform is essential. This person will be responsible design and development of custom development solution for Technical Information Services. Key responsibilities include analysis, design, development, implementation, and testing in a high performing, experienced team.
Provides application and technical expertise in the design & development of RESTFUL APIs for Service Information System and related applications. Applies systems solutions to business/technical problems through customer interactions, mentoring team members in the design, programming, debugging, testing, and integration/implementation of complex, medium to large-sized automated information technology systems or infrastructure component implementation projects.
This position reports to Digital Technology Manager, along with other developers & architects of the application.
1. Competent to perform all programming, and development assignments without close
supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
2. Acts as team leader for development group; provides programming and application/technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
3. Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution,
including responding to support calls.
4. Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
5. Develops major system modules, programs or integrates infrastructure components based on requirements gathered from customers.
6. Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires
careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
7. Fully knowledgeable of the relevant programming languages, program design and
specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques,
testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems and
cross platform infrastructure components; can provide training on these topics for others.
8. Performs implementation and integration tasks for medium to large, complex in-house
developed systems and/or purchased software solutions.
9. Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
10. Integrates processes across functional organizations.
The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others. Based on past experiences and knowledge, the incumbent normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results.
Typical customers include Caterpillar customers, dealers, other external companies who purchase services offered by Caterpillar as well as internal business unit and/or service center groups. The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems that may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. The position participates in brainstorming sessions focused on developing new approaches to meeting quality goals in the measure(s) stated.
• A 4-year degree from an accredited College or University
• 5+ years of broad IT experience in JAVA, web and internet technologies
• 5+ years’ experience with Service Oriented Architecture
• 5+ years’ experience with object-oriented development
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• 5+ years plus JAVA, JSP, JPA
• 5+ years Hibernate, XML, SQL, HTML5, and CSS3, Apache Tomcat Server, OAuth
• 3+ years plus Spring technologies (Spring, Spring boot, SpringSecurity, Spring JPA)
• 1+ years plus API design (swagger) and development including RESTful AP
• 1+ years plus Unit and functional testing using Mockito and PowerMock
• 1+ years plus Build tools – Git, Gradle, Eclipse
• Experience with Oracle, WebSphere Application server, network understanding, Understanding
of RAD development tool with knowledge of TUF (The Universal Frameworks) is a plus.
• Experience with Angular2, Data Tables, Bootstrap, Swagger, & Responsive Design, Java8
• Experience with IDEs VSCode and VisualStudio development tool is a plus.
• Prior experience with Agile development (SCRUM)
• Prior experience with Azure Cloud and VSTS
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.