This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 28, 2019
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for talented and motivated Senior Product Manager, Digital Platform to build a world class platform to host a wide range of applications.
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, and electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. We’re generating innovative solutions from millions of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets.
The Digital Platform Product Manager works as a member of Platform Product Management Team to help maximize the value of the product and defines the work for multiple Scrum Development Teams. The Product Owner collaborates with Applications Product Owners, System Engineering, Data and Analytics Architects & Platform Architects to own and progressively elaborate functional and non-functional Epics, Features and Stories for the Development Teams to deliver. The Product Owner’s primary task is to create and manage the Product Roadmap and Backlog and to ensure everyone knows the priorities of the Product. The Product Owner is empowered to make all decisions regarding the Product Backlog.
Job Related Statistics
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
• Position requires a four year degree from an accredited college or university
• 5+ years of experience as a product manager
• 8+ years of experience leading a technical team while simultaneously managing multiple projects
• 3+ years of experience with the Agile methodology
Top candidates will also possess these Qualifications
• Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success
• Domain expert in business applications
• Strong accountability planning/organization, and teamwork
• Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Product Owner certification (CSPO from Scrum Alliance)
• Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
• Demonstrated ability to empower teams
• Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
• Knowledge of SDLC and demonstrated experience employing SDLC in aspects of the project management process
• Background in Information Technology
• Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
• Experience managing projects using Agile software tools such as, VSTS, JIRA, Team Services, Rally, Aha