This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Griffin, GA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 29, 2019
Caterpillar currently has openings for Operations Team Members supporting Large Power Systems Division located at the Griffin, Georgia facility.
The Griffin facility manufactures C27, C32 and 3400 series diesel and gas engines serving the following industries: electric power, oil & gas, marine applications and Cat machines around the world.
The incumbent is responsible for medium to heavy assembly which consists of installing critical engine components in a variety of engine systems or generator set components. The incumbent is also responsible for the assembly of large generator packages, wiring of control panels for the generator packages, and the construction of Canopy containers to house the generator packages.
• Daily tasks and assignments are provided by normal routine leadership or working with established procedures.
• Activities involve moderate system proficiency and data input
• Normal routine adjustments with equipment and a normal level of problem identification and resolution are necessary in performing job.
• Communicates effectively with inter/intra shift employees. Daily contact may also require a wide range of contacts within and outside the company.
* Minimum of 12 months manufacturing experience
* Experience reading and understanding factory
orders, blue prints, schematics, work tickets, torque specifications.
* Experience with standard work instructions (basic skills/knowledge, capable of functioning independently)
* Experience with torque and assembly requirements for all parts and assembly procedures (basic skills/knowledge, capable of functioning independently)
* Experience with leak test machines (or relevant), hand tools, various
power tools (hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical), and various air tools.
* One year of previous assembly or troubleshooting/repairing/operating equipment experience
Top Candidates will also have:
Cat computer systems such as MES (basic skills/knowledge, capable of functioning independently)
* The ability to work safely and maintain that focus throughout the day
* Excellent communication skills as this position requires daily communication with supporting departments as needed to ensure their work is correct and accurate
* Previous automotive experience
* Previous maintenance experience
for all positions must have the ability to work in a fast pace, medium to heavy
duty assembly, technical environment.
Work may involve frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling, twisting, turning, climbing, and standing on concrete for 10 hours.
All positions also require the ability to lift up to 25 lbs and withstand frequent repetitive movement of hands with a variety of tooling.
Some positions require the ability to perform tasks on a moving conveyor under time constraints.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals
for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment
based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company,
Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be
found through our employment website .
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals -
including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are
encouraged to apply.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position