This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 19, 2019
When you are a System Application Representative at Caterpillar, you will consult with customers and dealers as a recognized expert in assigned industry (and subsegments). You will leverage expert-level machine application and product knowledge to improve closure rates, increase customer loyalty, and improve sales force effectiveness. You will span the entire scope of customers’ operations. You will bring customers’ existing and future needs into the corporation to influence strategy development and conversely has wide latitude to analyze operations and independently bring specific areas of the Caterpillar and dealer value chain to benefit the customer.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Support business plan achievement through utilization of a deep understanding of the customer’s entire value chain to provide specific solutions to key operational problems that will increase customer loyalty.
* Use customer and dealer relationships to develop and deliver Caterpillar-specific solutions.
* Be recognized throughout Division and assigned territory as expert in acquisition and application of core products used within assigned industry.
* Retain considerable autonomy to consult with dealers and customers to provide application, production, and cost studies to improve value recognition from Caterpillar products.
* Use tools (FPC, EIA/VET, Caterpillar Scale Truck, etc).
* Train and/or coordinate formal training of customer personnel in areas of expertise (i.e. operator or service maintenance training).
* Recognized as a job-site expert on the core machines and methods used in assigned industry and is familiar with all machines and methods found in the industry.
* Influence operational methods and regulations within the industry to gain competitive advantage and change the way work is performed.
* Independently responsible to stay abreast of the latest operational processes and procedures in assigned industry and to use this knowledge to influence Caterpillar in the development of new and better customer solutions.
* Drive change within Caterpillar and dealers; product marketing, dealer effectiveness, complementary product lines development, NPI processes, sales management process improvement, etc.
* Apply knowledge of products, technology, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs, and contribute to strategic planning.
* Provide direction to less experienced industry and field personnel.
* Provide application and training expertise to specific customers.
* Conceive and implement delivery of messages through mass and social media to influence customers
* Sell ideas and solutions as an individual performer or as part of a team.
* Clearly communicate ideas at all levels of organizations and obtain the cooperation of others or positively influence their behavior.
* Influence long-term solutions development within Caterpillar, which must be balanced with the achievement of short-term objectives.
* Operate independently to identify, develop, and deliver specific training needs to the dealer and Caterpillar field team but typically will work as part of an industry team.
* Training will cover specific products as well as operating processes and procedures within the assigned industry.
* Coach and mentor junior staff in the assigned territory or Division.
* Provide external training within the assigned industry (i.e. Industry association meetings, government events, etc.)
* Determine own training needs and fulfill those needs through various training programs available both internally and externally (i.e. industry specific and leadership such as communication, relationships, team-building, and decision making).
* Expert knowledge of company products, product applications, and the full customer value stream in the quarry and aggregate industry.
* A Bachelors degree is required
* A minimum of 10 years prior experience in customer or dealer-facing assignments.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, to communicate effectively and to influence others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
* Demonstrated ability to work on larger scale, more complex assignments and provide direction to lower level reps on project assignments.
Top Candidates will also have:
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.