Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity for a Materials Availability Analyst. In this position, you will coordinate the timely ordering, processing, sourcing, procurement, receiving, storage and shipment of prove design parts for Engine Systems Engineering to support prototype engine programs.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Be part of a team that is responsible for ordering, expediting, scheduling and controlling the delivery of prove design hardware.
* Requisition material through purchasing and determine the order quantities based on engineering order quantity, need for spares, scrap allowance based on difficulty of operations and hardware inspection requirements.
* Maintain close and continuous contact with suppliers both outside and at Caterpillar facilities.
* Resolve problems associated with the prove design project; deal with short lead time orders, past due orders and minor print / engineering drawing related problems.
* Work closely with engineering, purchasing, manufacturing and test personnel to resolve problems and to ensure prove design projects are completed on time and within budget.
* Responsible for computerized material tracking system input, maintenance and follow up which includes information required to complete individual jobs, as well as information required to track purchased items.
* Follow up on the requirements to minimize past due schedules.
* Expedite orders and provide promise dates for critical validation hardware.
* Contact source to obtain better promise date and negotiate with source to arrive at viable solution to hardware availability.
* Monitor supplier price increase requests and obtain quotations for resourcing.
* Resolve problems related to price discrepancies, receiving grief, quality problems, scrap disposition, etc. and inform Prove Design Coordinator Supervisor of situations that need further resolution.
* General knowledge of purchasing systems.
* Familiar with parts distribution system.
* Able to communicate with suppliers and other sourcing personnel.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.