3rd Shift Product Auditor Sanford, NC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Sanford, NC, United States
Date Posted: Oct 18, 2019
Being a member of our team is rewarding! We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package with great opportunities for both personal and professional advancement.
What else does coming to work for Caterpillar mean for you?
- Financial Rewards: 401(k) with a company match up to 6%, annual company contribution, and competitive, market based wages
- Pay for Performance: Quarterly bonus opportunities based on company performance
- Work/Life Balance: Fully paid vacation, maternity and paternity leave, and federal holidays
- Continuing Education: Tuition reimbursement availability
- Healthy Living: Industry leading health care benefits, company paid annual physicals, and fitness activities
- Lifelong Learning: Career progression through technical and non-technical skill building
- Cultural Enrichment: Opportunity to be part of a global team and diverse employee groups
- Giving Back: United Way matching opportunities and a paid day off to volunteer in your community
While working at Caterpillar Inc., you will work in an environment that supports excellence. You will lead your team in efforts to support continuous improvement.
Job duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform quality inspection based on the check- list of inspection points/procedures
- Complete inspections using a checklist and tooling provided (static tools, dry leak testing, Cab electrical tests, templates, etc.)
- Performs overall quality inspection at quality gates or at pre-delivery inspection
- Inspects products to ensure it meets the specifications
- Gather data from various tools and tooling systems and document quality issues into a computer system and flag defects for repair
- Cross-functional communication to complete tasks
- Contributing team member
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods
Ability to perform repetitive operations
Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
Top Candidates will also have:
Machine equipment product knowledge
Strong quality and attendance record
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
Meticulous and analytical nature
Ability to multitask and prioritize work
Strong commitment to safety, quality and teamwork
Knowledge of Caterpillar Systems
Further education beyond high school
Additional Information: Resumes are highly encouraged for all applicants. This is an hourly role in Sanford NC, with an entry pay of $16.60/hr plus. Internal Applicants must make their supervisor aware of their application.