Product Owner, Cat Digital
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 31, 2019
Come join a world class organization and play a key role in its digital transformation. Caterpillar is looking for a talented and motivated Scrum Product Owner to drive requirements clarity to software engineers and build a world class platform to host a wide range of applications.
The Product Owner works as a member of a Scrum Team to help maximize the value of the product and the work of the Scrum Development Team. The Product Owner works intimately with the Development Team and business process partners. The Product Owner’s primary task is to create and manage the Product Backlog and to ensure everyone knows the priorities of the Product Backlog. The Product Owner is empowered to make all decisions regarding the Product Backlog. The Product Owner is typically the individual closest to the business side of the project.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the Development Team
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and prioritizing the Product Backlog according to business value for the life of the project
- Communicate Product Backlog priorities to the team
- Act as the key decision-maker regarding what features the product will have
- Responsible for the vision of what is to be built, and conveying that vision to the team
- Assists with the elaboration of epics, themes and features into user stories that are small enough, or granular enough, to be achieved in a single sprint
- Responsible for conveying the vision and goals at the beginning of every sprint
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Responsible for making decisions on release dates and content
- Represent the customer, interfacing and engaging with the customer
- Participate in Daily Scrum as needed
- Participate in Sprint Planning meetings, Reveals and Retrospectives
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every Sprint and accept or reject the work that has been done by the Development Team
- Act as the voice of the team, communicating status externally
- Be a good role model of Scrum values; understand the framework and the roles of each team member
- Come join a world class organization and play a key role in its digital transformation. Caterpillar is looking for a talented and motivated Scrum Product Owner to drive requirements clarity to software engineers and build a world class platform to host a wide range of applications.Be a champion for the agile community and help to further the community within the organization
- Four-year Bachelor's degree preferably in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience leading technical teams
Top candidates will also possess these qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience with the Agile methodology (preferably Scrum)
- Product Owner certification (CSPO from Scrum Alliance)
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing software applications in Java
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success
- Strong accountability planning/organization, and teamwork
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience managing projects using Agile software tools such as Azure DevOps, VSTS, Mingle, JIRA, Team Services, Rally
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Knowledge of SDLC and demonstrated experience employing SDLC in aspects of the project management process
- Background in Information Technology (preferably application development)
- Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
- 1+ years of experience in Telematics domain